fMRI Response Boxes
Michele Diaz, SLEIC Director of Human Imaging
SLEIC 3T MRI Facility
University Park, PA 16802
MRI-compatible response collection system for fMRI experiments
- participant response in fMRI experiments
- Bimanual 8 Model No: HH-2x4-C (curved pattern)
- Eight 0.43 in. colored round buttons in straight or curved line
- 1.0 (2.5 cm) button spacing center to center
- Two rectangular enclosures 1.0 x 5.1 x 2.5 inches (2.5 x 13 x 6.4 cm)
- 8-channel (12 fiber) fiber-optic bundle
The fMRI fORP response boxes were purchased from Current Designs. Two response boxes are available, one for each hand, with four buttons on each (up to 8 total possible responses). The fiber optic handhelds are all plastic, working entirely on light. These response devices connect to the electronic interface using the removable fiber optic bundle. The complete system includes the handheld devices, the interface, removable fiber optic bundle, and power supply and computer cables. The system can also interface with any of the other response box designs available from Current Designs. For example, SLEIC has also purchased a fiber optic joystick from Current Designs, compatible with the same interface as the response boxes.
SLEIC also has an identical, but non-MRI compatible, set of response boxes available for use in the mock scanner room.