Siemens 3T Magnetom Prisma Fit
Michele Diaz, SLEIC Director of Human Imaging
SLEIC 3T MRI Facility
University Park, PA 16802
The 3T MRI scanner provides a suite of capabilities for head-to-toe imaging of the entire body.
- Neuro Suite--includes protocols for diffusion imaging, perfusion imaging, and fMRI.
- Angio Suite--excellent MR Angiography can be performed to visualize arteries and veins.
- Cardiac Suite--covers the complete application range from morphology, ventricular and valvular functions to dynamic signal, coronary imaging and angiography.
- Body Suite--covers clinical body applications, providing 2D and 3D protocols for abdomen, pelvis, MR Colonography, MRCP, dynamic kidney, and MR Urography applications.
- Onco Suite--features a collection of sequences as well as protocols and evaluation tools that guide through a detailed screening of clinical indications, such as in hepatic neoplasms.
- Breast Suite--excellent soft tissue differentiaion, customized protocols (e.g., with fat saturation or water excitation or silicone excitation), as well as multiplanar visualization for MR breast examinations.
- Ortho Suite--comprehensive collection of protocols for joint and spine imaging. Especially suitable for avascular necrosis, internal derangements, and imaging of tumors and infections.
- Pediatric Suite--provides dedicated protocols for pediatric imaging by age groups, for example, protocols for imaging tumors, malformations and epilepsy in the brain, cardiac morphology, and functional imaging.
- Scientific Suite--provides easy access to application-specific data for further processing and advanced image computation methods.
- Bore inner tunnel diameter = 60 cm
- Maximum participant weight = 200 kg (440 lbs)
- Maximum FOV = 50 cm
- Available coils: Head/Neck 20, Head/Neck 64, Spine 32, Flex 4 Large, Flex 4 Small, Body 18, Knee
The Social Life and Engineering Science Imaging Center (SLEIC) houses a Siemens 3T Magnetom Prisma Fit whole body MRI scanner with a full set of head, body, knee, ankle, spine, and breast imaging coils. The newly installed scanner is equipped with state-of-the-art XR 80 mT/m / 200 T/m/s gradient system with parallel transmit capabilities. The scanner includes a 20-channel head coil, and a 64-channel head and neck coil. The imaging suite is equipped with a 1024x768 pixel MR-compatible projector with rear projection screen, two four-button fiber optic response boxes from Creative Technologies, two two-button fiber optic response grips from Nordic Neurolabs, and a joystick from Creative Technologies. SLEIC also maintains physiological recording equipment to enable collection of breathing rate, pulse oxygen, and the electrocardiogram, and an olfactometer. Our olfactometer system comes with a fully featured paradigm designer and 6 channel odorant carrier to adjust the device behavior to the experimental design needs. SLEIC is also equipped with the VisuaStim digital goggles & headphones in conjunction with the MReyetracking from Resonance Technologies for the audio-visual stimulation. The VisuaStim & MReyetracking combines 2D/3D high-resolution digital video and high-quality sound with the tracking of eye movement. SLEIC also maintains a second long-range optics eye tracker and an MRI compatible video camera system. The long-range optics eye tracker system uses ASL bright pupil technology and can be positioned 12 feet from the bore.